Saudi Product Safety Programme SALEEM SABER
SASO has published a list of Technical Regulations covering various products such as Lube Oils, Detergents, Building Materials and Construction Products, Paints, Lifts, Vehicle Spare Parts, Textiles etc.
The products covered by the Technical Regulations are referred to as Regulated Products. The Conformity Assessment Process for the Regulated Products is a two stage process:
Stage 1: Issuance of Product Certification of Conformity (PCoC).
The PCoC is issued for every regulated product as per the applicable product standards defined in relevant Technical Regulation. The PCoC is valid for a period of one (1) year. In order to facilitate the products registration on SABER, we are ready to assist the importers to register their products on their behalf.
- Request for Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC) by Importer.
- Entry of Product Details in the system based on KSA Customs Tariff Code.
- Selecting of Certification Bodies (CBs) such as TUVSW.
- Payment of PCoC Fees.
- Conformity Assessment and entry of substantiating Documents/Verification Results by TuVSW.
- Issuance of PCoC from the system.
Stage 2: Issuance of Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC).
Every regulated product included in the shipment will be verified whether valid PCoC exists for that product and if found to be true will be issued with the SCoC. The SCoC is valid for that specific shipment only.
- Request for Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC) by Importer.
- Payment of SCoC Fees.
- Verification and confirmation of valid PCoC for the product by TuVSW.
- Issuance of SCoC from the system
Importers have to register online on the SABER platform to obtain PCoC and SCoC. TuVSW is accredited for most of the Technical Regulations in all the five regions and Importers can select one of TUVSW’s five (5) Accreditation Offices to facilitate Conformity Assessment and Certificate issuance. Our expert team has the required technical competencies to provide full support in this regard.
SABER APPLICATION DETAILS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY INTO SABER
PCoC Preparatory Stage: collation of technical files required for technical evaluation
Applicants must ensure that prior to creating an application request in SABER, the following technical files are readily available for the CBs review:
- Self-Declaration of Conformity
- Risk assessment
- Technical Data Sheets,
- Trade License
- Evidence of Certified Quality Management System (if required by the Technical Regulation)
- Test reports as per the Standards referenced in the applicable Technical regulation
- G-Mark Certificates, EER Certificates, IECEE Certificates, Quality Mark Certificated, etc. (If applicable)
If you would like to know more about the service or need a hand? Don’t hesitate to contact us. We are glad to help you!